NORTHERN RIVERS LIVESTOCK EXCHANGE – NRLX (CASINO SALEYARDS)
The Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange, commonly known as the Casino saleyards, is the regional selling facility for the Northern Rivers and provides business opportunities for the local industry weekly.
Visitors are most welcome, and agents, sellers and associated users of the facility are encouraged to participate in some of the largest sales in the region.
- NSQA Accredited.
- EU Accredited.
- Saleyards cater for all status of cattle to enable movement to all areas.
- Loading ramps (Roofed) – Six(6) in total, 2 doubles including B-double access and hydraulic trailer ramp.
- NLRS reporting at Prime Sales.
- Clearing Dip
- Regular Prime Sales – 8pm night prior to sale.
- Liveweight Store Sales – 8pm night prior to sale for steers & heifers-all other cattle 9am day of sale.
- Store Sales – 9am day of sale.
- EU Cattle-as per EU Management Plan.
- Prime Sales – Weekly on Wednesday @7.30am – local, butchers, NSW and QLD buyers in attendance regularly.
- Store Sales – most Fridays @11.00am – book through your preferred agent. Local and interstate buyers in attendance
- Stud / Commercial Sales – Annually – Brahman Female Sale, The Casino Bull Sale, Angus/Brangus and All Breeds Sales. Additional sales may be booked through your preferred agent.
- Clearing/dispersal sales also held, please book through your preferred agent.
- Well lit delivery yards.
- Pen selling with 200 selling pens.
- Holding paddocks and yards for hire – are well fenced and watered.
- Five (5) agents operating.
- Avdata Truck Wash – two(2) bays – truck wash key purchased from the saleyards, during business hours, please ph:02 6662 6403 mob:0407 788 535.
- Prime Sales – at scales.
- All other sales – pen scanning prior to sale. The liveweight section of the store sales, as per prime sales.
Access to NRLX – Access to NRLX is by the Avdata System. Avdata keys can be purchased on site from NRLX staff.
Livestock Transporters – local body trucks and interstate trucks, semis and B-Doubles in attendance at all sales. Please see list on this website.
Printouts Available – Comprehensive Vendor, Buyer, Agent and transport. Details are emailed where email address is supplied.
Canteen – fully serviced & catered and open on sale days. Hot meals as well as sandwiches, cakes etc. and light refreshements are served in a comfortable environment. External advertising available for display on TV in canteen. The canteen is also available for private hire for functions – liasing with the current lessee and Richmond Valley Council.
Amenities Access – Male & female toilets & showers are available 24 hours a day, with access via an Avdata key
Effluent Disposal – All effluent is disposed of and treated on site where it is reused.
Security System – Installed and regular security patrols are also carried out.
FREQUENTLY aSKED qUESTIONS - faq'S
A: Council aims to begin construction in the second half of 2018. The Tender documentation and related planning requirements are currently being attended to.
A: A 11,500 square metre roof to match Stage 1 and a design continuation of floor, rail and gate upgrades. Other options being considered are additional selling pens, scale upgrades, extra ramps and a water retention dam